Concepts of Safety and Health
Module 1 in the Manufacturing Safety course.
Module Goals, Objectives and Completion Time
The goal of this module is to provide students with basic concepts required to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Justify the importance of safety within the manufacturing field and discuss the regulating office and standards for maintaining an adequate level of safety
- Differentiate between safety and health hazards and explain the responsibilities of both management and employees in the reduction of hazard issues
- Explain the role of the safety manager and describe the tools necessary for the implementation and evaluation of a company’s safety plan
- Utilize the six guiding principles to develop a plan for good measurement practices
- Identify ways to become involved in safety efforts within a company
- Compare and contrast the positive and negative consequences of the adherence to safety standards by both employer and employee
Approximate Completion Time: 36 Minutes