Poisonous Chemicals & Flammable Materials
Module 8 in the Manufacturing Safety course.
Module Goals, Objectives and Completion Time
The goal of this module is to provide students with knowledge and skills related to the hazards and safety practices involved with handling and storing hazardous materials. Being knowledgeable about potential safety hazards can help to improve the workplace environment for all people.
- Identify and describe the types of hazardous materials and outline the steps that employers should take to protect employees and adhere to OSHA standards regarding hazardous materials
- Differentiate between the routes by which hazardous materials can enter the body, and arrange these routes of entry in order of job importance
- Define the Threshold Limit Values and explain the major techniques used to measure contaminants
- Compare and contrast the various flammable and explosive materials and explain the safety practices that should be implemented to prevent hazards associated with these materials
- Describe and defend the need for Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and the Hazardous Materials Identification System (HMIS)
Approximate Completion Time: 1 Hour 7 Minutes