Environmental Control and Noise
Module 5 in the Manufacturing Safety course.
Module Goals, Objectives and Completion Time
The goal of this module is to introduce students to the environmental risks associated with facility work and the facility features that are designed to help protect workers from these safety factors.
- Discuss the importance of maintaining a workspace that is well lit with respect to worker safety and health
- Differentiate between the common methods of ventilation and air purification and discuss the importance of maintaining a workspace that is well ventilated
- Describe a clean room and its characteristics
- Arrange the types of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation in order from least dangerous to most dangerous and describe each type of radiation
- Analyze and discuss the qualifications of a permit-required confined space and summarize the OSHA standards associated with working in such a confined location
- Describe what sound and noise are and how they measured
- Identify and differentiate between the threshold of hearing and the threshold of pain – Justify the need for personal protection equipment (PPE) for noise control
- Describe the standards set by ASHRAE to increase productivity and decrease the risk of accidents and illnesses within companies
Approximate Completion Time: 1 Hour 3 Minutes