Machinery, Hand Tool and Equipment Safety
Module 7 in the Manufacturing Safety course.
Module Goals, Objectives and Completion Time
The goal of this module is to provide students with knowledge and skills related to the hazards and safety practices involved with material handling, equipment storage, and electricity.
- Explain the value of safe tool usage
- Identify potential mechanical hazards including nip points
- Describe the concepts of hand-held power tool safety
- Compare different types of safeguards used on industrial machinery
- Explain the importance of proper equipment maintenance and differentiate between preventive and predictive maintenance
- List the steps required for appropriately using lockout and tagout procedures and defend the need for each step
Approximate Completion Time: 54 Minutes