Communicating Safety in the Manufacturing Environment
Module 3 in the Manufacturing Safety course.
Module Goals, Objectives and Completion Time
The goal of this module is to present information regarding hazard-related communication and procedures, in an effort to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to minimize the risk of accidents in the manufacturing environment.
- Explain the procedures associated with OSHA’s Process Safety Management standard and Hazard Communication Standard (HCS)
- Describe the procedures involved in housekeeping and accident reporting within the manufacturing industry, and provide examples of how each procedure helps to prevent and/or manage accidents in the workplace
- Differentiate between the common hazard signs and defend the need for hazard communication training
- Analyze a completed Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and demonstrate an understanding of the SDS by locating product details from each section of the form
- Justify the need for safety standards, procedures, training, and data in the manufacturing industry
- Justify the importance of reporting accidents and incidents and the Right to Know Act
Approximate Completion Time: 1 Hour 12 Minutes