Ergonomics in the Workplace
Module 10 in the Manufacturing Safety course.
Module Goals, Objectives and Completion Time
The goal of this module is to introduce the learner to the concept of ergonomics in the workplace, and to explain why ergonomics is important to worker safety. This module also describes how to discover ergonomic risks and some ways to improve the workplace to reduce the occurrence of work related ergonomic injuries.
- Explain the significance of ergonomic improvements in the workplace
- Identify the sources of ergonomic hazards
- List and describe OSHA’s standards for ergonomic programs
- Assess a computer workstation based on the visual display terminal standards
- Describe the severity of musculoskeletal disorders
- Apply methods of ergonomic risk analysis
- Provide solutions to ergonomic problems
- Analyze the mismatch between physical requirements of a job and the human body
Approximate Completion Time: 59 Minutes